Attachment-Daily Essence On JKrishnmurthy Teachings

 I bring home a plant and take great care of it. I give it water, sunlight, fertilizer—everything it needs to grow. Over time, it becomes my companion in loneliness. Whenever I feel sad, I sit beside it.


I trust that no matter what happens in life, this tree will never leave me. But one day, a violent storm arrives, and the tree is uprooted from the ground. Once again, I find myself lonely and deeply saddened. I do not know what to do now. How should I continue living? Who can I share my thoughts with?


In all of our lives, there comes a time when an attachment suddenly falls apart. Something or someone we trusted comes to an end, and a life that once felt simple becomes difficult. The pattern of our mind is broken. An inner emptiness appears. To escape this emptiness, we may plant another tree, but the memory of the old one continues to ache within us.





Can we observe this entire process of attachment? Can we see when it began? How did it gradually transform us? At what point did we become completely dependent on something? When did our mind become centered around a person, an object, or a feeling? Can we understand the structure we created within ourselves, and why we suffer when that structure collapses?


We become attached and live with the fear that this one relationship, friendship, or connection might break, because without it our life seems meaningless. When it does break, the mind is forced to build another structure, and that is often a painful process. It consumes tremendous time and energy.


Whatever you are connected to in daily life, whatever activity you repeat again and again, it requires serious awareness. Let there be nothing whose loss could drive you to harm your own life. Let there be nothing that another person can take away from you.


A person who is aware of every action, sensitive to life, and deeply understanding cannot truly be deprived of anything. Such a person knows how a seed becomes a plant and how a plant grows into a tree. They understand the entire journey—from the tree bearing fruit to growing old and eventually coming to an end. Therefore, they are not afraid of its ending.


They can nurture a new life again with complete awareness. They can create a new mind and a new way of living, not out of dependence or fear, but out of understanding.

Comments

Daily Essence

[Avyayah]- Vishnu Sahasranamam Hindi And English Meaning

[Muktānāṁ Paramā Gatiḥ]- Hindi And English Meaning Vishnu Sahasranamam

Narsinghvapu- Vishnu Sahasranama Hindi And English Meaning