Meditation- Essence Of JKrishnmurthy Teachings
Daily Insights-8
Topic Name-"Meditation"
We are all born with a meditative mind. Meditation is not something we have to create. It is already there. But as we grow up, we build a world of thoughts, images, memories, and psychological walls. When this world begins to fade, the natural state of attention returns.
The difficulty is that these psychological walls feel like who we are. We become trapped in them and then spend years trying to escape. We follow methods, practices, and techniques. Sometimes we experience small moments of success, but complete awareness seems far away.
For me, there was no special method. I simply observed because I had no other option.
J. Krishnamurti said, "Observe." He also spoke about the art of observing. So I began to observe. And as I observed, I found that I no longer needed his words. Every day, the mind seemed to empty itself a little more.
He said, "Listen." So I listened. I listened to myself deeply. I listened so carefully that eventually there was almost nothing left to listen to. I listened to people's anger, their criticism, and their judgments. I listened to every emotion that arose within me. And when I truly listened, I no longer needed anyone else's guidance.
I looked into every corner of my memory. I went back to the places where experiences had begun. I kept looking. Everything that had been stored in the mind was brought into the light of attention.
Today, I wake up and go about my daily life. And I continue to observe. I observe the sounds of people talking, the songs of birds, the afternoon sky, and the beauty of an evening sunset. I observe without constantly turning everything into memories.
So what has changed? Perhaps nothing.
I have always been seeing. Since birth, seeing has been there. Then what were all those experiences? The attachment to people, the betrayals, the hurt, the times I was mocked, misunderstood, judged, or made fun of-whose experiences were they?They simply happened.
There was a psychological structure that had been built over time, and through observation it slowly began to dissolve. I do not know what practice I used to break it. I never followed a particular method. I simply kept observing because there was nothing else to do.
Is this meditation?Or is meditation the ten minutes we spend sitting quietly in a corner every morning and evening?
What I do not understand is this: when people are suffering so deeply, why do they always look for someone else to guide them inward? Why do they not study themselves? Why do they not observe the movements of their own minds?
Perhaps no word has been misunderstood and misused as much as the word "meditation."
True meditation is going beyond the world of words, images, and psychological memories. It is a state in which we are fully present, but the mind is no longer collecting experiences, building identities, or clinging to anything.
There is only awareness.
Total attention.
Complete wakefulness.
IAshuWrites
#jiddukrishnamurti
![]() |
| Essence of JKrishnmurthy Teachings |

Comments
Post a Comment